Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ladies of the Farm

With the Weather bouncing around like it has we have all been trying to just stay warm. I tried to get out there and get some Award Winning Pictures of our Ewes but they could care less and they just wanted to sleep. So if it looks like a few of them might fall over...they just might, you just have to keep checking to make sure they are still standing.


This is Avery, She came to our Farm last year with two others. We bought them all from a farm in Missouri. Avery is pretty bossy and protective of our lambs. I am looking forward to a possible Fall Breeding with one of our Moorit Rams.







This is Liese, she came with Avery. She is more timid than the others but pretty curious as well. We bred her with Slate but we will see if anything happens.










This is Edelweiss, she is the head of the flock and the oldest member. She came to us already bred (unknowingly) and had our twins Gretl and Marta. She is very sweet and looks after all of the Sheep. We bought a few girls from a Farm in Georgia and She has adopted them and looks after them as well. Avery does not like it but it all works out.


Here is Gretl, This is one of Edelweiss' twins. I could not get one of Marta but it will show up here soon. Gretl is shy as well but she will not be left out of anything. Her Wool is so soft and I love her color.





This is Cocoa and Patience. We bought them along with two unproven Rams in Georgia. We had to keep these two in a separate smaller pen because of bossy Avery. We moved them back over there about a month ago so that they would be big enough to stand up to everyone else. I know that their fleece will not be as clean as the others but thank goodness that I know how to clean it. We will be breeding these two in the fall.




I saved the most spoilt lady for the end... Bela, my Cat (named after the composer Bartok). She tries to follow me wherever I go. The other day I caught her making friends with Cocoa and I just missed them smelling noses. Patience and Meriallen came running over to take a look and it spooked Bela. Sometimes I have to rescue her but I thought she was safe from the Dogs on Duty. Looks like Miles was having a Siesta...


3 comments:

Crosswinds Farm said...

Nice sheepies! Do you know who Gretl's sire is?

Blue Goose Farms said...

Yes, It is Locksfield Joaquin. he is for sale too. Here is a link...

http://www.locksleyfields.com/

Claire MW said...

Beautiful pictures. I so love Gretl's color. Edelweiss is my favorite though, I think.