Sunday, February 1, 2009

Drop Offs!

It was a pleasant morning here at Blue Goose Farms. The Sun was shining and I had planned on taking a lot of pictures to post here. In order to get to a few of our younger animals I had to climb through a small door on the side of the Barn. Once I was in I couldn't understand why all of the animals were on the corner closest to the dog's pen. Well imagine my surprise when I saw four eyes peeking over the cement blocks right at me...I had to blink a few times wondering what exactly I was looking at! I immediately ran to the dogs pen to get them out of there and check out what was going on and this is what I found...


This is our first Major Drop Off since we have been here, but our Second one in total. Last Easter my Husband went on a trip to Alabama and I had to stay home to bottle feed two of our Goats. One morning while I was in the Bathroom I could not figure out where all this Rooster noise was coming from. It was Loud so I knew it was just outside the window. I came out around the corner of the house and had to laugh...our first Drop Off was a Rooster and a Hen! I then had to get our Fishing Net out and catch them... I am glad that I could not get a picture of that!!




Even though I love all Creatures great & small, it just ticks me off when People do a "drop off"! I feel that People should have been responsible enough to take care of their own animals and had them Spayed or Neutered. If they can not afford to look after them...why have them?! I am sure this topic has been beaten to death but at least I am on the record for my own opinion. In the meantime...Anyone want a Puppy???

3 comments:

Claire MW said...

Just found your blog today and am enjoying it so far! I have Icelandic sheep and a cross breed, and a couple of unknowns that we got from the local shelter. I would love to have Shetlands and Baby Dolls someday. We have angora goats but no pygoras yet. I added you to my reading list so I can keep up!

Shame about the drop offs. We've had our farm for just one year this month and no drop offs yet. Knock on wood...

...but if someone wanted to drop off a Shetland, that would be cool with me!

Crosswinds Farm said...

Sorry, we are at full doggy capacity! They are awfully cute though.

Chantelle said...

Aww, poor puppies. People suck.

Still, better drop-offs, I suppose, rather than flat-out abandonment. One of our cats was left, pregnant, in a vacant apartment.