Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Until next time Maddie...

Today Blue Goose Farms mourns the loss of one of our Babydoll Sheep named Maddie. She went down fast and the Vet was called. Maddie had a Pregnancy Disease, we did not see any of the signs of this until she was in the late stages of it. Maddie was a rescue from a place in the County above us. They have an Exotic Animal License which means that Fish & Wildlife or the County can not do anything about it because of the laws in Mississippi. We took four of the Babydolls late last year to get them out of there. I wish I knew more, I wish I could have done more... which I know would be the wish of any person out there. She will be greatly missed even though her stay with us was much too short.

3 comments:

Claire MW said...

Be at peace dear Maddie, and know that you were well loved.

Crosswinds Farm said...

So sorry about little Maddie.

Blue Goose Farms said...

Wow, this is tough, thank you for being there.